member titles

pumkinns

hi, i'm a bit curious as how the following goes, and what can you do to become promoted on to the next title. so here is what i understood so far

Ordinary member: so these are people who have accounts on this site, but aren't VIPs, and to become VIPs they need to either subscribe or help out.

VIP Subscriber: people who can access vip files because they subscribed.

VIP: people who have earned the right to be able to access the vip files.

IBS Alumni: i read somewhere, that these are the old mods, who have sort of retired/ or aren't as active as they used to be on IBS

Mini Moderator: ??

Global Moderator: ??

Supervisor: are what they are called, as helpful as they are. Mahuta, and Aboo. so how do you become supervisors?

Administrator: like Elsa, Hein, and the Survival robot

Super Admin: this is Graeme, ultimate leader of IBS. he created it, i think with the help of the Admins?

Thank you.

Sabreen

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak =)

IBS Alumni: i read somewhere, that these are the old mods, who have sort of retired/ or aren't as active as they used to be on IBS

Mini Moderator: ??

Global Moderator: ??

Supervisor: are what they are called, as helpful as they are. Mahuta, and Aboo. so how do u become supervisors?

Administrator: like Elsa, Hein, and the Survival robot

Super Admin: this is Graeme, ultimate leader of IBS. he created it, i think with the help of the Admins?

These are all categories of staff. A member of staff starts out as a mini-moderator, and if they're reasonably good at what they do or want more responsibility, they go up to Global Moderator. Supervisors are former Global Moderators who have been here for a long time and were really good Global Moderators (I have been a member of this site for nearly 4 years now, pretty much since the inception).

Administrators were the original co-creators of the website.

Super Administrator aka Graeme, is the person who came up with the idea and created it with the help of the admins, and is responsible for all the behind the scenes happenings of the website.

• Like 1

Yup, all said there only to add that even though supervisors go under the administrator group they're somewhat between global moderators and admin-ish, in other words they can do different things in the Admin Control Panel, but they have a little less power than the blue admins. :)

IBS Alumni are those who have been an important part of the moderating team, but have become inactive due to their studies in uni or anything like that.

Mini moderator is sort of like the trial group, like Aboo said one starts out as a mini moderator normally for two weeks and are assigned specific forums then they move Global Moderator which moderate all forums; hence then name.

No no not probation, we just put them as mini mods to male sure they're good enough to become global moderators, this is basically to ensure that we dont add global moderators that arent up for the position.

Becoming a mini mod doesnt happen according to specific rules basically its when you're being considered, which depends on:

1)Whether or not we need moderators.

2)How active the member is on the forum.

3)What is the quality of their posts, we wouldn't want a moderator with stupid irrelevant and unhelpful posts for example.

4)How well they use the report button, it shows if they know exactly what's right or wrong.

5) In some cases we look at how long they've been in the forum and how they get along with other members, we don't want someone who doesn't get a long with anyone and is always picking fights.

and other factors..

:)

• Like 2