How many helpful files do I need to produce and share to gain VIP access?

pigsonthewing

I understood that there exists a set number of posts (that is, 150) that guarantees a IBsurvival member VIP access.

However, since I find I am more of a 'file-uploader' contributer rather than 'a poster' contributer, I was wondering how this condition applies to files.

Seeing as there is an explicit mention to a specific number of posts that must be met for one to gain VIP access, it is only fair to specify the number of files needed to gain such an access too.

Ultimately, I think it depends on what you upload, so a little like members who make 150 largely useless posts will not get VIP membership, so too members who upload really handy and valuable files will get VIP-ed a little quicker than those who upload random stuff or files from the IBO etc. that're general access. This is purely to explain why there's no number put on the file uploading side of the system: it's very much a case of quality as well as quantity.

Staff do keep an eye on File uploads, however if you've sent in quite a few and nothing has happened, feel free to PM a member of staff and ask whether you could be considered for being VIP-ed, and you'll definitely have your case looked at :)

• Like 1