Art Exams

pumkinns

11 members have voted

1. 1. How did you do in your art exam?

• Bad :(
    • Good :)
    • GREAT XD

I guess it is okay to start this thread, since the art exam is no written exam. so here it goes :D

Art students from around the world :) how did you do in your exam?

my examiner loved the pieces, i'm feeling so accomplished especially since my teacher wasn't supportive at all.

i had to struggle with art, but thank god i did well :D i'm just so happy

Well done!

I was the first student to do Art HL in my school and the only one too so I was in a great disadvantage.

However it went pretty well. The examiner was really nice, and knew the artists I have studied. At one stage, we just spoke about their art instead of mine lol

Doesn't it just feel good to have one less subject to study for?!

• 2 weeks later...

I was the first HL student to be interviewed. very very nervous of course. the examiner was generally nice, but he kept interrupting me while I was talking and it kept bugging me. I felt like he didnt really want to listen to me. he kept asking me questions like," why did you do it this way, why not that way, bla blablabla........." well, not to be rude but I was thinking like,"Hey its my works! those are my ideas and not yours!"

my works are all cubist and in most of my works I used picasso's color scheme like blue and orangish, and I told the examiner that I was greatly inspired by Picasso and some other artists but then he was like, "No no I dont think so." and I kept my mouth shut afterwards. However, my art teacher told me after the interview that the examiner apparently liked my works, and he thinks that my investigation workbook is really great. well, I cant say much till the final result is out in july!

My examiner commented on my pieces a lot. Mostly, he said he liked them but would like to see the ideas further developed. I'd be like "I like this piece the best" and then he would say the complete opposite. I did try to justify my views but he didn't seem persuaded. Gosh, art is so, so subjective! Since the comments were not questions, I was not sure how I should have responded to them :S Or rather, I'm not even sure if I was supposed to respond!

I did not mention an artist that inspired one of my pieces because 1) I didn't get time to reach that part, 2) I felt the artist did not really go with the flow/direction of the conversation. Do you think that's alright? Given, though, my CRB did include a detailed analysis of one of the artist's works, and how it relates to mine. Sort of scared now...

I'm doing SL option B, by the way.

Anyone else went over the time limit? SL is only supposed to be half an hour and mine went on for 50 minutes :P And even with that extra time, I left the exhibition hall feeling like I could have said a lot more!

Edited by Snowflake

It's really hard to say. I feel like I did well, but last year's students felt the same thing, and the highest in that group was a 5, the rest were 3's. And no one at my school has ever gotten a 7. But at the same time, comparing with the rest of my class while discussing how it went, it seems that the examiner was especially positive towards my work, and there were a lot of things she liked, so I'm hoping it went well.

It's really hard to say. I feel like I did well, but last year's students felt the same thing, and the highest in that group was a 5, the rest were 3's. And no one at my school has ever gotten a 7. But at the same time, comparing with the rest of my class while discussing how it went, it seems that the examiner was especially positive towards my work, and there were a lot of things she liked, so I'm hoping it went well.

YES! in my school last year the highest was 5 and the rests got like.. 3 or 2?

but still... fingers crossed!

Because of issues in my country, the examiner couldn't come so an IB art examiner that works in my school did our interviews (wasn't at any more of an advantage since i had never really spoken to the man in my life...) he was very reassuring, and he was there to help me speak about my work. it was a bit of a mess since i was being recorded and had to refer to all my work by name and specify what painting or sculpture i was speaking about. and the examiners are getting pictures of our paintings and studio book pages so will never actually see the real thing - i am not sure if this is going to advantage me or make things worse but hopefully they will be more lenient given the circumstances and my teacher told me i am on the road to a high level 6 :) HL option A