My school offers an IB Japanese class, and I'm in my third year of Japanese. My problem is that my Japanese teacher kind of sucks so nobody in my ib class barely knows how to make a gramatically correct sentence in japanese. i really want to prepare for the ib japanese test during the summer so i was wondering if there are some options that i could do. i'm trying to look for a japanese tutor but there's no local ones i know of. please help!!

Guest Soiboist

I would try learning the basic grammar of the language at first, you can study that from your textbook if you have one, or search on the web. After that I would just try to read as much as possible to get familiar with how to structure a sentence, words etc. Before you do this however, it is vital that you know the basic grammar. You could start out with texts from your textbook (again, if you have one) and after that move on to Wikipedia articles that concern subjects that you're already familiar with. Make up a daily schedule for doing this, and eventually you will improve your language a lot. You should also look up the syllabus for ab initio, though I don't know how specific it is, but it should state what you need to able to do with the language.

I would try learning the basic grammar of the language at first, you can study that from your textbook if you have one, or search on the web. After that I would just try to read as much as possible to get familiar with how to structure a sentence, words etc. Before you do this however, it is vital that you know the basic grammar. You could start out with texts from your textbook (again, if you have one) and after that move on to Wikipedia articles that concern subjects that you're already familiar with. Make up a daily schedule for doing this, and eventually you will improve your language a lot. You should also look up the syllabus for ab initio, though I don't know how specific it is, but it should state what you need to able to do with the language.

my school doesn't have a textbook.. i have no resources at all LOL i was wondering if like rosetta stone would be helpful..