Cricket

Patel108

How many of you guys watch cricket? Apparently, there is an India vs. Pakistan semifinal match tomorrow at 4 in the morning (well in my area) and all the Indians/Pakistanis in my school are going crazy over this. I'm not that interested in cricket, but I'm tempted to just join the bandwagon and watch because everyone else is :P.

How about you guys?

Go Pakistan!!!!

Pakistan have a powerful team of bowlers, whereas India have a strong batting side.

I'm definitely going to be following text commentary, but can't actually watch the game because I'm in school!! :(

In any event, Pakistan vs India is always big. I've heard how India have tightened security, and that the Pakistani President is going to see the game.

So, it's clearly an important game.

Whoever I think goes through today to the finals, will have a stronger chance of winning the World Cup than Sri Lanka.

May the best team win!

I watched the last half of Sri Lanka's innings and then about the last 40 minutes. It was awesome XD

Dhoni's technique is pretty horrific, but the power in his shots is amazing. Have you guys seen his arms? That man is beef! I'm glad it was such a tight match, to be honest, because both sides have serious quality.

I think what I like most about cricket is that it hasn't lost the beautiful spirit of sport where people cheer for skill no matter who did it. People applaud a 6 or a beautiful shot even if it's a 6 for the opposition, and it's an atmosphere which I think is really quite something. Perhaps less enthusiastically than if it was somebody on the team they support, but nevertheless, skill is rewarded by the crowd.