History IA on Vietnam War or Bolshevik Russia

-_-

Hello guys!

I still have nearly a year before I have to submit my IA but I want to prepare as soon as possible because it will save precious time for later so I have prepared some topics but again I'm having trouble deciding...These are my topics so far:

1) A study of why the United States became involved in Vietnam.

2) How successful were the Soviet Five Year Plans?

3) To what extent was the Tet Offensive central to the success of the Vietnam's People's Army?

4) Assess the role of media and propaganda in two of the wars in the 20th century.

6) How did economical resource prove to be vital in both WWI and WWII?

7) To what extent was the seizure of power in Russia in October 1919 was a popular revolution?

8) Assess the positive effects and drawbacks of the NEP under Lenin.

My opinion is that 1 and 7 are too much of a cliche' so it's not a good idea. I don't know about 2 but compared to 8, I'm more fond of 8 and we haven't learnt about it during the course so it might be more "original". No.6 might be too broad. I think 3 is quite good. What you guys think?

Please give me some constructive criticisms!

Much thanks :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys! :D Haha, I love your humor Proletariat XD Somehow I deleted the no.5 topic. I think I'm going with no.3, rephrasing it as : To what extent was the Tet Offensive in 1968 considered a success of the Vietnamese People's Army. I believe I can get good sources on both sides of the matter so why not do it then? Not broad, not narrow, 1500 words stuff.

• Like 1