Rosie the Riveter

mari000

Okay I already have my research question :To what extent did Rosie the Rivetor represent American woman during World War II?

The problem that Im having is deciding what exactly to focus on or what path to take. I know the history behind it and how she was created to encourage women to work but I know i need more than that. I was thinkin of perhaps providing examples of women who are thought to represent the ideal "rosie". I find that in a lot of the books I have they always mention a woman and how she demonstrated characeristics of "rosie". Im not sure if that's good enough or if i need more than examples???? :blink:

You would need to assess mage of American women during WWII- their work, social class, rights, any movements, etc. Then you would have to compare an analysis of Rosie to those people. Honestly, it is kind of broad. maybe you could focus on one characteristic of Rosie?

I don't know how you'd look at one particular characteristic of Rosie the Riveter, because to be honest the whole notion of this cultural icon is quite specific.

All the day long,

Whether rain or shine

She’s part of the assembly line.

She’s making history,

Working for victory

Rosie the Riveter

That's essentially the idea: a woman who works tirelessly for the war effort. As Julie's said, you would definitely have to look at women's social status and rights but I think to compare it to the image of rosie the riveter, would be difficult. Just my opinion...in no way do you have to follow it up.