Points to get a 7 in B SL

For French B SL, I've been told that it is 96%+

You must live in Ontario then :P It's the same for me. I hate how some teachers don't understand the mark conversion process...The real mark boundaries aren't nearly that high...Like Daedalus said, they're around 80%.

Yeah, I do, and they're freaking me out when they say I'm a predicted 7, and I don't even know if my marks are high enough :o

You must live in Ontario then :P It's the same for me. I hate how some teachers don't understand the mark conversion process...The real mark boundaries aren't nearly that high...Like Daedalus said, they're around 80%.

Yeah, I do, and they're freaking me out when they say I'm a predicted 7, and I don't even know if my marks are high enough :o

Yeah I don't know how my teacher's predicted grades match up with the actual IB grades people get after the exam...it's a good question to ask your teacher, I think. Maybe the mark conversion thing is accurate, who knows :S

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing HL french 1A. Don't ask me why. My school's francophone and well, we're still the guinea pigs I guess :P We have no classes to choose from, the whole diagram is given to us. Either we take it, or leave it!

My math teacher (he's the coordinator at our school-- he's really good) anyway, he's told us that in math, a 4, I believe, is "80%" for the most part. But I really have to double check here....

I'm doing HL french 1A. Don't ask me why. My school's francophone and well, we're still the guinea pigs I guess :P We have no classes to choose from, the whole diagram is given to us. Either we take it, or leave it!

My math teacher (he's the coordinator at our school-- he's really good) anyway, he's told us that in math, a 4, I believe, is "80%" for the most part. But I really have to double check here....

Hm, for HL Maths a 7 is 71% (discrete maths option), so maybe your coordinator is referring to the grading scheme you will be using for coursework or something. :blink:

Hm, for HL Maths a 7 is 71% (discrete maths option), so maybe your coordinator is referring to the grading scheme you will be using for coursework or something. :blink:

I'm doing Math SL. Math is definitely NOT my forte, so I am SO grateful that in our diagram, it was a "standard level" IB course, ahaha. I remember him comparing the grading between history and math... they were significantly different. But see, the way that each PROVINCE/TERRITORY/STATE/(everything else) is graded based on their syllabus. And, as far as my school goes, we're being tested on both our syllabus for our grade (ministry-thingy for where we live) and then there's the IB criteria. Soo... all the teachers are mixing it all up together, and so our "grades" are, in my opnion, not really fair and thought out. Thus, there is no definitive way of really letting our teachers "predict" our IB marks based on our in-class grades. That's my take on it anyway.

• 1 month later...

That's what your mark gets converted to if you get a 7.

IB doesn't really do percentages. 7 is a 7.

Usually you need a score of around mid 80 out of 100 though. It changes every year slightly, it gets bell curved or something. But for predicted grades our took our IAs and old exams, got a score out of 100. 84 and up is a 7.

For all our IB subjects, the IB grade is worth basically everything, even though we do cover non- IB material as well. Our mark is converted to a range and depending on how well we did during the school year, they pick a grade out of that range.

Edited by SmilingAtLife:)

Spanish is brutal, 87% is a 7! :(

Getting 90% on the IA and Paper 2 is really hard, but achieving 90% on Paper 1 seems next to impossible!

I feel your pain! My Arabic SL exam is tomorrow and I also need to achieve an 87% or above for a 7 :(

Goodluck with Spanish!!

How did it go?

Ah, Spanish is on Wednesday . . . Time to go through all the words on all the practice papers I have done and memorize them or whatever. :(

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but isn't it weird how the individual mark boundaries don't add up to the overall mark boundaries?

I mean, if you actually added up the minimum grades for 7s in the IA, P1, and P2, you would get 27+36+26 = 89 for a 7, not 87. Must be the curve or something, but either way, I'm not complaining. :)