Optical Illusions - Perception

Ruan Chun Xian

(Some more on page 1 as well.)

1407.gif

This is an example of an anamorphic illusion created by Julian Beever. This sidewalk drawing was drawn in a special distortion in order to create an

impression of 3 dimensions when seen from one particular viewpoint.

1701.jpg

1702.jpg

1703.jpg

1704.jpg

Loads more here.

And ****! I just looked at the scary optical illusions on from that link up there. Bloody hell. Don't look at them unless you want to have a heart attack. Or maybe it's just me.

And ****! I just looked at the scary optical illusions on from that link up there. Bloody hell. Don't look at them unless you want to have a heart attack. Or maybe it's just me.

Arghhh. I am a chicken when it comes to scary things and is easily scared but I couldn't resist checking it out. However, as soon as I saw the picture, I knew what it was as someone had SENT THAT TO ME ONCE WHEN I WAS ALL ALONE and quickly shut down the window.

Eurgh...

Oh yeah I opened it and then shut my eyes. For a while nothing happened. Just as I opened my eyes ARGHHHHHH!!!

I screamed and one of my flatmates rushed in. Was embarrassing. :P

Hehe, There's loads of others like that one. I've seen one were you have to find waldo in the picture then after a while a decomposing face screams at you......Funny over a webcam lol

Oh yeah I opened it and then shut my eyes. For a while nothing happened. Just as I opened my eyes ARGHHHHHH!!!

I screamed and one of my flatmates rushed in. Was embarrassing

I don't get it. Is it one of those images in which a scary image suddenly pops at you after say 5 seconds. Then I don't think it's an optical illusion, more like a gif animation of some sort. I don't want to open the link myself ;):P

I don't get it. Is it one of those images in which a scary image suddenly pops at you after say 5 seconds. Then I don't think it's an optical illusion, more like a gif animation of some sort. I don't want to open the link myself ;):P

I know it's not an optical illusion! That's not the point! It was scary was the point!! :P

• 5 weeks later...

we actually took a whole day too look at mc ester artwork, and wow his stuff is amazing, like you the two you posted from him, his art really makes you look. it took me a quick second to get things, but oddly enough it took some of my friends, the whole class period to even figure out the art piece, which is surprising, but it was a very valuable activity.

we actually took a whole day too look at mc ester artwork, and wow his stuff is amazing, like you the two you posted from him, his art really makes you look. it took me a quick second to get things, but oddly enough it took some of my friends, the whole class period to even figure out the art piece, which is surprising, but it was a very valuable activity.

My teacher showed us a clip with his artwork...too bad in the end it turned out to be a screamer.

April fools day..... :)

• 3 months later...