Swedish Neutrality in WW2?

ienni

Hey guys,

so I intend to write my Internal Assessment on Swedish Neutrality in WW2. The thing is, I don't know how to get a good research question without it being too obvious (obviously..). For example, my first thought was to write something about what "price they had to pay" in order to stay out of the war. But that feels sort of obvious too.

Does anybody have any good ideas?

Thaaaaanks.

Hi,

I personally don’t know anything about Swedish neutrality or much about the European theatre during the Second World War. However, since it’s shaping the question maybe I could help a bit. I think you want to get ‘To what extent’ or ‘Why did…’ (if your analyzing causes) or ‘With what results’ (if your analyzing consequences). From what ‘price they had to pay’ I’m guessing it led to internal hardships within Sweden? If that’s the case maybe you could have ‘To what extent did Swedish neutrality during the Second World War lead to domestic problems?’ or ‘What were the consequences of Swedish neutrality during the Second World War?’

I think it’s just a case of making it into a more general question than ‘What price did Sweden have to pay for its neutrality during the Second World War?’ (btw I actually do like it cuz u can ‘challenge the assumption’ in the question which my history teacher goes on and on and on about. It just gives u that slight tilt of bias in the question which u can base ure arguments on.)

Hope this helps.