HKU offers to internationals

Raffiki10

Hello there, I just received my conditional offer to HKU today for the BA: 30 with 3 or 4 in most subjects, and I am a little surprised, as I thought their offers usually ranged in high 30's or low 40's.

I heard the competition in Hong Kong, as well as any asian country, is quite ferocious, and I do not find a 30 to be "ferociously" competitive, as this is below the world average for the global grade (which is 33 if I am not mistaken)... I am Canadian, 42 predicted. Thanks!

Edited by Raffiki10

What other courses are offered there, Is the standard of teaching good?

The list of courses offered at HKU can be found here http://www.hku.hk/acad/ugp/reference_appendices4.html

HKU is a good university, I guess. According to the QS World University Rankings 2010, HKU is in the 23rd place. The academic reputation is scored 96%, employer reputation 74% and the overall score is 87.3%. So we can conclude that it is good regardless of the very low minimum score to get there :austin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've also applied to HKU and HKUST with a predicted grade of 37 for the economics and finance program. What are my chances and also when will the universities respond to my application and provide me with a conditional offer? Thanks. I applied in December, by the way.