What textbook/s do you use for IB History?

bigbangfan

Hi! I just want to know what textbooks do you use for IB History, that is a very broad subject that requires different resources. I already finished the IB Diploma and I used:

*Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lowe (Palgrave Master Series)

*History: The Cold War by Keely Rogers & Jo Thomas (Pearson Baccalaureate)

Both textbooks are great help, but I wish the other pearson´s were out while I was in IB.

I've used:

Course Companion, 20th Century World History, by Cannon, jones-Nerzic, Keys, Mamaux, etc.

For more specific information I have used:

The People's Republic of China since 1949, by Michael Lynch

Modern European History 1890-1990, by Alan Farmer

The Age of Extremes: the short twentieth century, 1914-1991, by Eric Hobsbawm

and some other ones fr more specific info...

We've used the 20th Century World History Course Companion from the Oxford Press, the GSCE Modern World History textbook from Hodder-Murray Publishers and a bunch of assorted texts ranging from articles such as Michel Foucault's What is Enlightenment? to full books with both information and theory, such as Bernard Lewis' The Middle East, Mehran Kamrava's The Modern Middle East, Edward W. Said's Orientalism and occasional readers on various topics.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I just want to know what textbooks do you use for IB History, that is a very broad subject that requires different resources. I already finished the IB Diploma and I used:

Both textbooks are great help, but I wish the other pearson´s were out while I was in IB.

keely rogers is my history teacher. she is really good and we use the book which has a lot of good information on it. also the OSC revision guides help but i dont think they are that good for history.

• 4 weeks later...

keely rogers is my history teacher. she is really good and we use the book which has a lot of good information on it. also the OSC revision guides help but i dont think they are that good for history.

Similarly, Jo Thomas is my history teacher. It appears we've got ourselves a pair of legends :)

We use:

Mastering Modern World History, by Norman Lowe, 4th edition - we just use this as a reference mainly, don't use it in class;

Contested Spaces - The Cold War, by Justin Briggs

Pearson Baccalaureate History, 20th Century World - Authoritarian and Single-Party States, by Mimmack, Senes and Prince.

They're the ones we have and have used so far, after one term of IB1. There are bound to be heaps more though, but because we get them as class sets from our school library I'm not sure of which ones we are yet to use.

Our teacher compiles notes from many, many textbooks. The options we do aren't covered in a single textbook. The school did issue us with the 20th Century World History Course Companion: International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, but we use it quite rarely. We also got Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lowe, like some of the others in this thread. Really though, according to my teacher IB History can't be taught from just on textbook. It's not that kind of course.

Edited by the local oompa loompa