All-nighters & procrastination!

Afterglow

Just did my first all nighter two days ago! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! It wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be, and I wasn't tired at all the next day! Weird eh?

At all?

Most all-nighters don't hit until about 5pm+ the next day. I normally feel super active until late afternoon. Then I suddenly realise that I wish I was in bed. :D

At all?

Most all-nighters don't hit until about 5pm+ the next day. I normally feel super active until late afternoon. Then I suddenly realise that I wish I was in bed. :D

Now that's when the caffeine comes in :P But yeah, in the morning there is the feeling of lethargy, then I also turn really hyper and then I have it hard to keep myself awake...

Edited by Afterglow

I'm anticipating an all-nighter tonight.

- tok essay rough draft

- ee final rough draft

- group IV (not immediate priority)

- math quiz

- variety show line up & show times

- frankenstein project

ah yeuh.

WHOA :l

Good luck with all that

I had a similar day last week.. well actually, 2 days of complete hell, but that's over and done with now :P

Guest iber2468

I've been pretty good this year for all-nighters.

Dad implemented parental control on the computer and now it logs off every night at 11pm, regardless of how much work i have to do.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was sure I'd be one of those people who could manage to get through IB without pulling an all-nighter, and yet here I am, completely exhausted, and there's a pile of books just sitting at my desk that I suspect are not going to be opened at all tonight. I have not slept properly in three days, and I can't stop complaining about it!

The odd thing is, on the nights when I do stay awake, I really don't get anything important done. It's as if I just like depriving myself of sleep or something, because (tonight being a really great example) the books are right in front of me, and I have the coffee I need for extra fuel, but I just don't sit down to get the mounting work done! Ahh, well. I'm still a beginner. I have time to figure out how to avoid procrastinating. XD

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have parents who are against all-nighters? My mom would completely forbid it if she could, she always gives me a hard time when I do one, but my friend's mom is completely for it because, "It's to ensure success." She goes as far as to stay awake and make the coffee for my friend!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have parents who are against all-nighters? My mom would completely forbid it if she could, she always gives me a hard time when I do one, but my friend's mom is completely for it because, "It's to ensure success." She goes as far as to stay awake and make the coffee for my friend!

My very first week in 9th grade, I had all my summer reading to do for my Pre-IB program. I pulled an all-nighter between sunday and monday. And that one ime my mom was ok with it. She brought me red bulls twice that night and checked on me every hour. But since then an all nighter has only come up twice and she's been against it because I woke my brother up. Now I have my laptop so i just type in my room. But Im not even in the real IB yet. 4 months and counting:).

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first all-nighter when I was doing my IB Biology project back in Junior year!! It was amazing.

I would have to say that my biggest accomplishment would be all the all-nighters I had when I was working on my EE.

I worked on it so much on the last week before it was due and wow I think I slept a total of 5 hours throughout the entire week. It was amazing!!

My parents are against all-nighters so I have to go to my room an hour or so before my dad wakes up and then when he leaves, I get back up again.

I have come to the realization that allnighters are an IB necessity.

I hate them, and yet i'm awake at the wee hours of the morning squinting at the computer screen drinking red bull, coffee, chewing caffeinated gum, and wondering why i put myself through all of this.

Lets see... so far my worst week was the week of my IB Math SL IA (the second one) in which I got 5 combined hours of sleep monday, tuesday, and wednesday night which i followed by sitting at the computer all night on thursday night and then not getting home until 11pm on friday night.

at which point i slept for 12 hours.

Call me crazy, weird, different, what ever, but I have never had an all-nighter (or even close :( ) and I'm 3/4 of the way through my first year of IB. So therefore, I disagree that-

I have come to the realization that allnighters are an IB necessity.

-because to me they aren't and I don't understand why you guys have to stay up all-night to finish school work.

Ahh, the ol' all nighter. An IB standby. I personally prefer to do a semesters work of HL chem labs the day before the semester ends (yay for him accepting late work) well, tonight I have another all nighter, ToK essay to start on, then HL history essay/powerpoint, then an english essay. My poor bed doesnt know who I am anymore.