All-nighters & procrastination!

Afterglow

• 2 weeks later...

Did my first I.B all-nighter last term (I've done many all-nighters before but not for studying purposes), finishing design project. It was annoying though, I did the all-nighter on the second to last day of school, slept about 3 hours that night because of a friend's party and then slept 0 hours the next night because I was at an outdoor rave. Then I slept for about 18 hours solid. It was nice. :D

• 7 months later...

I have to admit I am a major procrastinator. But for some reason the moment I rush to get it done it gets done extremely quickly. I have never had to pull an all-nighter for studying or finishing assignments. The latest I ever stayed up for school work was 1:00AM but that was because I was completely addicted to a game that I kept playing in the background.

It is weird. I thought procrastination went hand-in-hand with all-nighters. I thought for sure this last year I would be pulling some all-nighters, but thankfully I am so unmotivated that as soon as I see the clock turn late I just give up and go to bed ... yet still get my work done on time ... Maybe I do my homework in my sleep?

• Like 1

I have to question my credentials as an IB student, because I've never been capable of pulling an all-nighter. Sure, I stayed up until 4:00 to finish my History IA and do other miscellaneous assignments, but I always go to sleep...even if only for a couple of hours. Pathetic.

Maybe I just need to up my caffeine intake. ;) Oh, whatever. Everything always gets done (save for that one physics lab that I voluntarily "forgot"...), so staying up all night has never been particularly necessary.

• 1 month later...

Procrastination is a real psychological problem...look it up guys. But I think, IB students are especially accustomed to being procrastinators. I have only pulled a couple of all - nighters and those were before my IA's. Before exams it never worth it to stay up all night...it is better to get some sleep at least 4hours. That is the way I have done things in my year 1 of IB.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm terrified of all-nighters. Firstly, it is SO hard to work when you're not efficient, it feels like it takes an hour to get a few things in your head. Secondly, the consequences are terrible. You're either super tired or super hyper from the 3 red bulls you had. I haven't actually experienced an all-nighter but I assume this is what it would be like.

In terms of procrastination, there are times in the past where I've been so bad. Bad as in STARTING assignments on the day they were due. A lot of times I would get by with something that I'd be satisfied with, but in the end my overall marks reflected the rushed effort put into the assignments.

Does anyone else find that they just cannot work until 24 hours within the due time, or is it just me? ^_^

• Like 1