Some IA help would be appreciated...

chileanbob

Well I just finished the second quarter of my high school life, which was dominated by IB. As a result, I've done the IA for Math Studies, European History, and Psychology. I was just curious to know if anybody could grade( if possible to IBO standards), critique and suggest improvements for them. Obviously, I want to obtain as many points as possible. Please reply so that we may set up an exhanging method. Thank you!

First of all, what you're asking for is a lot. You want critique, suggestions and comments on IAs for three different subjects. No single person will probably be able to do this, since few people take the subject combination and are experts at it. Furthermore, grading to the IBO standards isn't exactly easy, especially since there's fluxuation within IB grading also.

But more importantly, never, NEVER send your ungraded IAs to ANYONE except IB Survival admins. This is the internet and you can not know who you're sending your work to. If the person you send them to chooses to plagiarize, and gets caught, your head is on the guillotine too, IBO doesn't care what happened, you don't get your diploma. End of story.

However, as mentioned above, you can ask for help from the admins. Bear in mind, however, that they are busy and probably won't have too much time to spare for this.

oh thanks for promising him we'd help Deissi :lol: we have no work of our own! lol

ok OP! we'll help, but asking for feedback on all IAs is a bit demanding, do you not have teachers for that? this is their job! me and HMS usually only help when users are really worried about one subject they're not so good at or something, we're not an essay service for God's sake!

so think about what you REALLY need feedback on and then come back to us.

Oh and btw, we're NOT and I mean NOT examiners so what ever feedback we give you won't be 100% correct, if you want critique that's the risk you'll have to take. :)

Ok, I just want to add some stuff.

Right now, AFAIK the only one of us with actual time to help anyone with IAs now is me since I'm on vacation. That said, of those 3 subjects I can only help with with History. That said, as Lc said, if you want comments - specific comments and actual detailed help with what to write - you might want to go to your teachers first. We only give general comments but we cannot guarantee whatever help we give will get you a 7 nor, unless you're totally completely off the point, will we tell you what to write. If you are completely and totally off the point we'd just tell you either to change the title or give you some suggestions of what you should think about. Most of the time, the essays I've read over are those that are in the near-final drafts that just needed a fresh perspective and/or comments from someone other than the teacher and not much change is needed.

So if you really are desperately in need of help with your History IA, and your teacher is totally useless, I can look over it for you. But just so you know what you're getting, the comments you'll get will run along the lines of: This is good. That is rubbish, rewrite. Are you sure about this? - I'll explain what I mean in each cases but I won't dictate to you how you can improve it.

Comprends?