Self-teaching piano and cycling

AGBellamy

Yes, it will count for Creativity, but I suggest that if you are serious about learning piano, you should ABSOLUTELY find a piano teacher, otherwise you will learn techniques incorrectly.

Cycling should count for Action, but if you are just going to the same place every time, it doesn't count for CAS. CAS is setting a goal for yourself, so in this case, you could cycle faster and faster each time or something like that.

for the purpose of becoming more fit, you could say under the part where it asks "how does this benefit people, etc"

• Like 1

Yes, it will count for Creativity, but I suggest that if you are serious about learning piano, you should ABSOLUTELY find a piano teacher, otherwise you will learn techniques incorrectly.

Agreed. It's better to learn technique right the first time. Plus you have somone to motivate you to practice. That being said, there are some great self-taught pianists out there. I would still go with a teacher though, to be on the safe side.

Btw don't you need a supervisor anyways? Just curious to know who would supervise you if you taught yourself.

Yeah, I suggest joining a Piano club or something.. Only learning it without any 'outcome' (i.e. performances, concerts) might not really be suitable for CAS. If there is a club at school, I suggest you joining because you might be asked to perform at school. Or if you can only find a piano teacher, just join a competition at the end of the activity?

Haha nooo!! Unless there is a cycling competition in your place. You can count cycling to college as a practice. But you should also spend some other time cycling.