Help on part D.

ib_girl

I recommend that for part D, you analyze the information of Part B in the exact same order you had it in Part B. So if you say that X, Y, and Z in Part B, analyze X, Y, and Z in Part D in the same order too. Don't start mixing all your ideas up, because that might confuse the examiner if he wants to go back to what the information you previously provided said.

That's really all there is to it, just referring back to previous information and saying why it's important, and what it shows or doesn't show.

Just remember that part D is your analysis. You shouldn't bring up any new information, or new points of view of historians, just what you personally have to say on the topic. I remember I did this mistake for my first draft, and had to change almost the entire thing, because I had Part B and D all mixed up. But as soon as you make this distinction everything is easier. Or at least seems like it...

Check this website out, I found it very helpful, since it provided some examples:

http://henricowarriors.org/engel/?cat=7

And, of course,

What you should do is to look for a PDF document called "History Teacher Support Material." It usually includes 5 IAs of differing quality and thorough explanations of their goods and bads. Just look at the example which received poor grades and then compare it to the one that received the maximum grade in Analysis. Then you'll notice what distinguishes an analysis from a summary.