What to write in my PS

asian

Im applying to:

1) City University London – Business Studies

2) LSE – Management

3) University of Manchester – Business Studies and Economics

4) University of Warwick – Law and Business studies

5) Kings College London – Business Management

What can i write in my PS to show that i have a genuine interest in a business course, and to show understanding of the course

I said:

- studying in the UK will allow me to work with people from all over the world and help me undestand international perspecrtives in things, which is important in todays global economy

- i said that i would use the skills that i learned from my subjects in the IB diploma (Chemstry, Economics and History, all HL) in studying my business/management course

e.g. improved communication skills by constantly debating in class

- got work experience at:

Siemens corporation - here i was able to learn about teamwork

5 star Hotel in sales/reservations dept. - here i learned the importance of relations with customers

- i also have a lot of community service (150 - 200 hours) in 2 years

thanks

Well... (and this is coming from a girl whose PS was perfect on the first draft and has helped 15 other students with theirs, so go with me on this)

1. What are your hobbies? Have they influenced your decision to study this course? The admissions officer isn't allowed to have a soul, but remember that you have to show your personality as well as why you want to study the course.

2. Don't mention 'I'd be a good candidate because...' It's generic, boring and won't do you any favours.

3. Nice work experience- what do you want to do with your life? You have 4000 characters to work with. Be creative and honest, but be concise!

4. Maybe mention how the IB has a good variety of subjects? More variety= broader mind? Something along those lines?

5. Great CAS hours- maybe mention what you did if any applies to what you want to study?

6. Don't say 'I was able to...' It doesn't sound good- say something like 'I enhanced/developed better teamwork skills'. Not that I'm telling you what to say- you have to come across as confident that you can do this course

Otherwise, you've got some great material there! Nice potential :(

Hey PS me, I'll help you out I'm just to tired to think straight and advise on anything but I think you might have a dilemma with your choices, they vary quite significantly and I know people who have been rejected from LSE in a flash who are extremely bright but who have not focused their PS on the course specifically and for you it will be very hard since one is with law, the other economics and one management and you'd have to justify for every uni why that course and with array you'll seem undecided and therefore not dedicated enough to your prospective study. Do you catch my drift.

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Opening poster is banned.

If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff