Math Standard Level Conversion in Ontario

qwert22

Universities get your marks in both courses (Advanced Functions and Calculus). As far as I know, your tests count towards your Ontario mark and that will be your mark before you write the IB exam. Before the exam, you'll get an IB grade prediction from 1-7. When you get your IB results back, your actual IB grade (not your prediction) is converted into a percentage grade which replaces the grade before your IB exam. For example, if you get a 7, your converted grade would be anywhere from 96%-100% in math. What determines the difference between getting 96% and 100% is how you did in the class before your exam. If you are at or near the top of the class, your converted mark will be higher (ex. you get 99%) than if you were near or at the bottom (ex. you get 96%) and/or if you were predicted lower than 7.

The mark conversion scale is the same for all Ontario schools. However, determining the difference between getting 96% and 99%, for example, may be different from school to school.

Edited by fire.realm

Thanks for your fast reply but I am still a bit confused. So they get your tests marks and your IB score or does the IB score replace what you have gotten in class as a final mark for math?

I mean so they get both your Ontario grades and your IB grades or only IB? And ultimately, if the former is true, which do they look at more Ontario or IB that determines their decision whether they accept you or not?

Edited by qwert22

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...