Is it possible to do an EE for Spanish Ab Initio?

stylusdef

Hey, guys.

I was just wondering if it is possible to do an EE for Spanish Ab Initio? I know that you normally do your EE for one of your HL subjects, yet Sp Ab Initio is only available at SL. So... Is it possible? :innocent:

Do you mean do the essay in spanish? Because about 30 people in my school are doing it in spanish, instead of english spanish.

no candidates taking a language at abnitio level are not allowed to write EEs in it as the EE must show that you have a deep comprehension and use for the language, which you shouldn't have an an abnitio level :)

But what if you're first language, like most everybody in my school, is spanish yet spanish is your foreign language? Does this mean you can't write your EE in spanish? Because then i better warn some of my friends.

But what if you're first language, like most everybody in my school, is spanish yet spanish is your foreign language? Does this mean you can't write your EE in spanish? Because then i better warn some of my friends.

hahaha wait! HAHAHAHAHAHA

ok sorry I just have to mean most of the time :) LOL

ok you know there are 4 levels of a language in IB:

A1 : as a first language, means your fluent and can do full literal analysis.

A2: you are fluent but it's your 2nd language, so it's less demanding than A1 but still is quite demanding.

B: you're not completely fluent, but pretty good at it.

abnitio: you've never dealt with it before, and are learning it from scratch.

now your friends are probably taking something OTHER than abnitio :) because for them to be able to write an EE in spanish they need to have more experience with it than what a abnitio student would have! so no need to warn them dude :)

does your school explain anything about IB to you? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, It's true that its a "side thing" here in the states. My school is a public school that only offers a few IB classes, enough to get a diploma but pretty much just the basics. We only got IB like 10 years ago? maybe? So it's just getting started to spread. However, yeah I'm an american and I'm hopefully going to get a diploma.