Psychology

EmilieZH

Sooo, i'm supposed to write this paper in psychology. Is there someone who can give some tips, what should my paper contain. I'm supposed to answer tree "questions", these are:

1. Outline principles that define the biological level of analysis. (Outline- give a brief account or summary.)

2. Explain one study related to localization of function in the brain. (Explain- give a detailed account including reason or causes.)

3. Discuss, ethical considerations in research into genetic influences on behaviour.

I really don't know where to start..

1. There are five principles for biological level of analysis. Since it has stated "principleS", you must answer more than one principle. My suggestion is "animals can be used to investigate behavior and generalize to human beings" and " Behaviour can be inherited". Then you need to explain the principles and use relevant studies to support.

2. In the 1st paragraph, define the term" localiztion of function" first and state the name of the study which support the idea of localization of function. I suggest HM study(himppocampus). Then, in the 2nd paragragh, outline the study by stating the aim, a short introduction on procedure and participants, result and the most important is the conclusion of this study . In the 3rd paragraph, briefly evaluate the study and link the conclusion of the study back to localization of function.

3. Discuss means that you must evaluate. Explain a study which is related to how genes influence behavior by stating the aim , procedure, result, conclusion. AND THEN EVALUATE IT by going through the main 5 ethical guidelines in psychology( those you learn in your psychology lesson, such as stress, consent, debrief...)

I hope this can help you! good luck! :)

• Like 1

Okay for number 3 you should put how like it could mess up with genes and in animals, since they can't say if they want to be tested or not, it's unethical. Number 2, there's a study about how these scientists gave mice a hormone to remember where the cheese was. Your on your own for number 1. Hope this helps

Sooo, i'm supposed to write this paper in psychology. Is there someone who can give some tips, what should my paper contain. I'm supposed to answer tree "questions", these are:

1. Outline principles that define the biological level of analysis. (Outline- give a brief account or summary.)

I suggest brain imaging, hormones, serotonin/norepinephrine

2. Explain one study related to localization of function in the brain. (Explain- give a detailed account including reason or causes.)

Adrian Raine's study on psychopaths

3. Discuss, ethical considerations in research into genetic influences on behaviour.

I think it's like...informed consent, no deception, debriefing, etc? Not sure

I really don't know where to start..

I'm still a youngling, 2 months into the IB :P