Which university are you applying to?

The Economist

Ok since already one UCAS deadline passed today, I thought that we could share our university choices (and even get some advice from college students) =)

I'm applying for Computer Science only in the UK and the universities I chose are:

i. Imperial College London

ii. University College London

iii. University of Edinburgh

iv. University of Warwick

v. University of Glasgow

Any feedback on any of these universities is more than welcome!!! =)

Good luck to everyone with their applications!

i. Imperial College London

ii. University College London

iii. University of Edinburgh

iv. University of Warwick

v. University of Glasgow

I have been to your top 2 choices on talks and open days and I have friends who go to both and people who live in those parts of London. Imperial is a nice area. Loads of French people. Quite a mixed crowd and quite geeky but in a good way. South Kensington is also extremely expensive. You'll be poor by the end. The facilities are good and the school is renowned. UCL is awesome, great location, great diversity, nicer buildings than imperial and a mix of all students not just science which is awesome.

So I'm applying for medicine at

1.University College London

2.University of Leeds

3.University of Liverpool

4.St Georges University London

and 5th choice is biomedical sciences and Chinese

5.University of Manchester

I'm also applying to France when the time comes - for medicine equally

1.Paris6-UPMC

2.Université de Lyon

3.Université de Strasbourg

Italy:

1.San Raffaele Vita Salute - Milano

2.Università di Bologna

Belgium:

1.Université Libre de Bruxelles

Edited by Bishup

Nice to see a thread like this, I was actually thinking that someone should post one a while back :P I sent my UCAS application a few weeks ago for history at Oxford, Warwick, York, Durham and St Andrews, I might also apply to Trinity College Dublin for history and political science.

Lol, I've been lazy, and I've only done about 2 applications, and almost finished with a third.

Florida State University

Florida Institute of Technology<---Still offers Undergraduate/Graduate Degrees, just doesn't use the name "University"

University Of Miami

Then, I may apply to some other out of state schools in my country, but if I do so, I would only apply to private universities. In the U.S., the tuition for a public university of a state that you don't have residency in is far more expensive. Too bad I haven't decided on those yet lol.

For example: http://www.sfa.ufl.edu/basics/cost-of-attendance/

Although, this is for a school for the state in which I live. :P

• 2 weeks later...

UK for International Relations: LSE, Durham, Sussex, Queen Mary and Aberystwyth

US for Political Science major: Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Amherst (AKA the ones that offer financial aid to international students, which happen to be the hardest to get into)

Bishop, I'm from Liverpool and the Uni Of is pretty awesome. Nice area and Liverpool is a great student city.

My choices are pretty suicidal for LSE, Durham, Harvard, Princeton and Yale. I don't actually fancy Sussex, there just wasn't must else choice wise. I really like Queen Mary plus it's only 32 points. Aberystwth is for if a fail almost everything (28).

I've applied for Mathematics and Computer Science at; Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh, St Andrews and for Mathematics at Warwick. Just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh two days ago. :)

I'll also be applying for Mathematics at Waterloo in Canada as I've heard it's a very respectable university for maths.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've applied for Mathematics and Computer Science at; Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh, St Andrews and for Mathematics at Warwick. Just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh two days ago. :o

I'll also be applying for Mathematics at Waterloo in Canada as I've heard it's a very respectable university for maths.

After how many days/weeks did Edinburgh reply?

Anyone got any offers yet?

I've applied for Mathematics and Computer Science at; Oxford, Imperial, Edinburgh, St Andrews and for Mathematics at Warwick. Just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh two days ago. :o

After how many days/weeks did Edinburgh reply?

Anyone got any offers yet?

Got it after 25 days(25 October).

• 3 weeks later...

I am applying for IR and management at St Andrews and Aberdeen, and plain IR at LSE, Edinburgh and Leeds.

Sent my application a few days ago. Does someone from Scandinavian countries have an estimate time it took for UCAS to send the "what to do next"- information letter?

Cynthia, before you ask, you do know me :)

I've applied for the University of Sydney and UNSW.

Courses (In order of preferences); Arts/Law at Sydney, Arts(languages) at Sydney, Arts/Law at UNSW, International studies at UNSW, Bachelor of Arts at Sydney, Bachelor of Arts at UNSW, Bachelor of Arts/bachelor of Science at Sydney, same thing at UNSW, Psychology at Sydney. I think that's all.

I want to go to Sydney mostly, the law school has an exchange program with Harvard Law School, except you need 44 to get in to law :P. But just 30 for Arts, so likely to have a place no matter what.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest NewYorkDreamr

I'm thinking of Newcastle university to go and study marine zoology but I would also like to apply overseas, maybe to Hawaii or Australia =D x