New feature?

ezex

All right, I've been thinkin about this for a while now, and I think it's an awsome idea, but it might be hard to integrate into the webpage. What if we had a place were we could just chat. Not a forum, but more like a big chat room like an msn place were you just need to be logged on to go in. That way all the people who are on can talk about things there as well as in the forums. It would probably decrease the number of posts, but it would definately make communicating super easy. And there could be private rooms or MAYBE even something like VENTRILO were we can chat by typing and talk at the same time, it would DEFINATELY help when trying to explain an IA to someone. :crying: I just got super exited just thinking about it :( I hope it gets through :(

AFTER EDIT:

NVM i was just told about it...ignore me completely. Man I feel stupid...Allright the new feauture could be the Ventrilo part, or maybe get a Ventrilo Server for special occasions? The FAQ page should say what comes with being a VIP member too :P

Edited by ezex

yeah I think the shoutbox is fine...then there's the Chat forum which was made for pointless conversations... :bawling:

No no the shoutbox is enough, the thing is that I didn't know we had one until i became VIP and it was hard to teach an IA to people over forums, but the shoutbox is enough :) Though maybe putting private channels might help? Not that i've needed it yet but MAYBE it could be of use if two groups of people are tryign to use it at the same time, just throwing ideas out there.

Ok I came up with another idea. This might be something that could help out the already set up shoutbox. I've noticed that every time people are on teh site, it's hard to actually talk to them without having to send them pm's because its boring having to wait on the shoutbox until people appear. So i was wondering if we could have like a side-column in all the pages were you can send a signal or a message to everyone online to see if they want to come on the shoutbox or maybe have a list of all the people who are on the shoutbox, instead of having to go there everytime and not finding anyone.