Best study method for History SL?

lynyrd

History is about knowing the context and the major details of the events you don't have to all the minute details you have to be able to compare and debate your points. IB history is more of an evaluation of the string of events. So what I suggest you do is you study all right wing politicians IE Hitler, Mussolini and all left wing Stalin and Lenin. Make sure you know your consolidation and rise to power. For the Wars know the consequences and the reasons for why it started. I suggest for revision you read over your notes and books and write the major events in chronological order and asses their importances so for instance Lenin's storm of the winter palace and Stalin's purges. Why were the successful etc. Memorise historian quotes and different interpretations of the events. And lastly look at past paper questions to get a feel of the type of question.

• Like 1

I am not taking history but I did in grade 7-9. and I always got 60%-75% mark HAHA.

never mind

so I'd suggest you to re-read your note&textbook&handouts while making notes. just write event titles, when, where, who & important things about it

then if you can, maybe sort them by year, or date. or think of a way to remember the date. tabulating might also help you

GOOD LUCK!! and all the best for you