Classes for Creativity

I think martial arts are highly creative but I doubt they'll be counter. As for which one you choose, depends one what you like. I have had personal experience with Judo and it is a very nice practical sport. On top of that it is by far more controlled than Tae Kwon Do, as in most striking martial arts, you will have to do very serious damage to someone to incapacitate them, whereas with Judo you can throw some gently and pin them down until cops/assistance arrives. That isn't to say you CAN'T grievously damage someone, cause you can, but the choices are more open. Size isn't as much of a factor in Judo once you reach a certain skill level, in fact small people have several advantages over taller people, such as a lower center of gravity.

I can't say fencing would be practical defense as it is such a specific weapon. If you took Arnis or something, there are a lot of analogs of your training weapon in everyday objects, but having a light, strong, pointed weapon is less likely. On the other hand, from my limited knowledge it looks like a beautiful sport with it's own nuances.

Tae Kwon Do has the advantage over Judo in that having a partner isn't as critical during training.

• 1 month later...