Harvard

timtamboy63

Got 2300 on SAT and have had a total of 573 emails from various universities over the past 6 months or so. And letters from all the ivy league colleges, etc etc. It's very common. I personally think it's rubbish as well there's really no point to it just a waste of paper, if I'm looking for a university my choice will have nothing to do with the piece of paper I get saying 'YOU'VE BEEN SELECTED! APPLY NOW!' Which is ultimately useless anyways.

The letters that Colleges/Universites send you in the mail are usually "junk mail" adversising. The way they got your score was probably from any scholarship websites you may have joined, or if you allowed the College Board (SAT) to send out your data when you took the SAT.

If the mail is unsolicitated, then it's probably just advertising, but if you sent all of your information to Harvard directly, then it's probably something better. :)

I've recieved loads of those letters from great universities (Harvard, University of Chicago, etc). The letters show that the schools do have some interest in you, and they may want you to go to their school, but they only have as much information to go off of as you gave them.

Don't worry if you didn't recieve a letter in the mail from a school that you want to go to. They don't really know anything about you until you apply. :)

• Like 2