what is a Group 4 project?

over track

hey! don't worry about the g4 project! its the IA with least importance...believe me, my teacher didn't even take a look at what we were doing! But anyway its an IB requirement so you will have to do it. The G4 project is an investigation done in groups of 3 - 4 (at least in my school) where you will have to create an experiment that relates an aspect of life with science, for example: investigation of a factory's sewage treatment, or an environmental issue. You should try to relate your topic to the G4 science you're taking. The G4 project is really similar to the lab reports you do in your science class. If I'm not wrong you will have a meeting with all the IBers and the coordinator to discuss some possible ideas. E-mail me if you have further doubts!

Right. Unlike other labs, for the Group 4 project, you and your team pick the question you will investigate. It can work differently, depending on how your teacher wants to do it. For my school, it was everyone [~20 people] doing the same investigation in smaller groups of 4-5. The investigation had elements of the group four subjects we were taking: biology, chemistry, and physics [not that everyone was taking all of them but that someone in the group was taking at least one of them]. The actual investigation can be super simple or very complicated. It doesn't matter much. What matters is how well you work in a team and follow safety procedures and handle the lab overall. Look at this thread for loads of examples!