Is it possible to do 2 years of undergrad business at McGill before HBA at Richard Ivey

asian

I think ill be able to get accepted into the HBA program at Richard Ivey with an AEO as well as McGill for undergrad business.

But i talked to them and they said that i first have to complete 2 years of undergrad studies beforehand and i dont wanna do anything in Western Ontario, but wanna go to McGill.

So, is it possible if i could do my first 2 years of Uni at McGill, and then transfer to do the HBA program in Ivey??

Thanks

Yes what they use to acredit your studies are transfer credits so they translate your course from another province into what level it would account in another and therefore offer you a place in such and such as year depending on your credits. In Europe we have a good system for it, in Canada I don't know but it does exist.

Yes, it is very much possible to do this. Keep in mind that you need to do the equivalent of Business 2257 at McGill. You would benefit from looking at this document: http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/hba/downloads/B2257Equiv(Feb910).pdf

However, I do not understand why you would want to do this? In Canada, the ranking of a university made by those BS magazines really does not matter. I am attending the University of Western Ontario come September and it is a reputable institution, just as McGill is. Let personal preference dictate your choices when it comes to selecting a university, not the perceived prestige of a university.

Yes, it is very much possible to do this. Keep in mind that you need to do the equivalent of Business 2257 at McGill. You would benefit from looking at this document: http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/hba/downloads/B2257Equiv(Feb910).pdf

However, I do not understand why you would want to do this? In Canada, the ranking of a university made by those BS magazines really does not matter. I am attending the University of Western Ontario come September and it is a reputable institution, just as McGill is. Let personal preference dictate your choices when it comes to selecting a university, not the perceived prestige of a university.

Thanks a lot for the file, i dnt really understand wat the courses are but ill check that stuff nxt year.

Also, i plan on working internationally, either in South-East Asis or the Middle-east. lots of money there.

and mcgill has the BEST internatioanl reputation so i think it would be amazing if i study at mcgill and then do HBA at Richard Ivey. (i already know that Richard Ivey is a dozen times better than mcgill for business)

thanks

Edited by _Sherry_

• 3 weeks later...