UCL :)

Lil

it's an excellent Uni! top 10 my friend :P even top 5 isn't it? can't remember check times rankings :) (links for that is in the stickied thread...)

I've actually been there :D it's a very nice Uni, not a one campus Uni though.. but that has it perks as well :) I think *raises eyebraws*

I have never heard anything negative about UCL and consider it myself as one of the top universities in UK. It's huge as well. The Times ranking has it on nr 6 in general. However, you can also compare it with the subjects it teaches (for example for medicine it is at rank 7 and for law it is actually rank 2 with only cambridge being in the first rank) and the Guardian has UCL at nr 5.

However, leauge tables cannot always be trusted but it does give some information.

Guest forsakendarkness

In the new Times rankings UCL is number 9 in the world. Its worldclass considering they have far less funding than Ivy league universities in the US and then placed above them in the rankings.

• 2 months later...
I hear somewhere that they have a bad attitude towards the IB graduates, don't like to take them etc. Don't know tho, if that was from a reliable source (can't remember where I heard it).

Where did you hear that?

I know someone (who Lc knows as well) who got an offer there but didn't make her offer, but she called them and asked them to consider accepting her anyway and she got accepted in the end even though she didn't make the grades she needed in her HLs. So if they really have bad attitude towards IB, this doesn't show it.

ya our friend missed her offer for maths! do you understand what that means? Maths is a high in demand course, but they still accepted her, even though she told me later that her coursemates now are all 40+ students :P which pisses her off aparently :) but that's irrelevant. It really depends... for most courses they don't een require more than a 36...

Wow, UCL has the ability to study Swedish as a minor! I only wish they'd offer International Relations as a major - I'd love to be able to keep up my Swedish skills whilst in university.

They also have Finnish but I doubt whether anyone studies it :)

Btw, tervetuloa uudelle suomalaiselle (turkulaiselle/vaasalaiselle?) jäsenelle! :P