How easy is to get a 5 or 6 in History SL?

lynyrd

im taking History SL, and i always get 4´s on my test & mocks. I really need that 5 or 6, is it easy to achieve those numbers? I need study tips for History SL!! Also, which is the best IB textbook for history? I use the Pearson baccalaureate on the cold war, but it covers just one topic! the teacher gave photocopies but i prefer to study from textbooks! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

• 1 month later...

Oxford IB 20th Century History, that is really good, it covers 7 of the 12 topics for SL, I think, anyway, our school uses it.

Doing background reading, always helps improve a person's a ability in History, if you don't enjoy reading so much, then try using any online interactive sites, or something to do with learning. But, I supposed you don't mind reading, hence the urge to buy a textbook for the subject.

I think that overall, it is easy to get a 5 or 6/7 in history. Is this your first or second year in History? Because if it's your first, getting a 4 is perfectly fine. Your essay writing in History gradually builds up over the two years to become excellent, so in the first year you are still learning, the second year is where you will definitely see yourself improving grade and intellectually-wise, so don't be too stressed about getting 4s now. Next year will be better.

Oxford IB 20th Century History, that is really good, it covers 7 of the 12 topics for SL, I think, anyway, our school uses it.

Doing background reading, always helps improve a person's a ability in History, if you don't enjoy reading so much, then try using any online interactive sites, or something to do with learning. But, I supposed you don't mind reading, hence the urge to buy a textbook for the subject.

I think that overall, it is easy to get a 5 or 6/7 in history. Is this your first or second year in History? Because if it's your first, getting a 4 is perfectly fine. Your essay writing in History gradually builds up over the two years to become excellent, so in the first year you are still learning, the second year is where you will definitely see yourself improving grade and intellectually-wise, so don't be too stressed about getting 4s now. Next year will be better.

Actually, my history exam is in November, that is 3 months! Anyway thanks for ur advice. I'm now more relieved because i took a look at the 2010 grade boundaries and what I score in P1 & P2 equals to a 5.

:P Good Luck on your exams!

I would consider just reviewing all your notes and taking even more practice tests!

Maybe read up on the topics for an extra edge.

And also, make sure you are grounded in historiography!

Try comparing sources and coming up with opinions on stuff based on your findings.

I know this may sound really corny but just sit and think about what you have learned in your studies, and mentally review it.

Furthermore, if you really have troubles, make historical significance diagrams that detail causes and affects

Edited by Center Field