BM HL IA - Research Question

Hey!

I am starting my BM HL IA. I am doing it on a fashion boutique run by a lady. She used to operate from home earlier but has now opened a boutique in a mall. My IA will be based on the marketing module so I need help with a suitable research question for this boutique.

Also, Can I first go and just generally interview the lady instead of having to worry about the research question?. What questions should I ask her?

I am completely clueless. My school opens 5th july and the BM teacher wants a rough plan by then.

Thank You! :P

My IA will be based on the marketing module so I need help with a suitable research question for this boutique.

You'll have to come up with a question yourself; we're only here to critique your question.

Also, Can I first go and just generally interview the lady instead of having to worry about the research question?. What questions should I ask her?

You can do that, hell you can write your essay and then finalise the question. You'd use the question to direct you in your essay and to make sure you don't go astray.

Again, you'll have to decide the questions. We are not here to do your work for you.

There are quite a few sample IAs in the Files section, you should be able to get some directionality from them. One needs VIP membership to download the files in the files section, it's possible to purchase VIP membership, follow the links at the top of the page.

Good luck!

If I were you, I'd finalise my research question before doing any research. It actually just makes life easier, you know exactly what to look for so you don't do any extra research, and you manage to stay on topic.

I'm also doing mine on marketing, just started. i'm gonna question how beneficial it would be to ---- to invest into better marketing - my organization is a school, so i'm gonna have to do research on school marketing methods, then the research on the actual school is its costs vs its profit, the maximum turnover they could be making vs the amount they currently make, stuff like that.. You see knowing what im going to be researching makes it ways easier to form the right questions for the interviews im going to carry out!