HL History IA - Which topic (WW1 or Lenin)

asian

I want to do a topic for my IA on history that can also help me revise for history.

I considered doing this:

'To what extent did the Bolsheviks win the Civil War due to their own own successes?'

But i am already good at Lenin's history....

My main weakness is WW1 in paper 3 - what is a good topic that i can do a good IA on an will also help me revise for the topic

When it comes to History IA, you have to chose a topic that you feel most comfortable doing. It will be very hard if you chose a topic you think IB will like, but in the end you really hate because you won't feel like researching about and you won't be interested in what your doing, so chances are you won't try your best.

I finished my IA about 4 months ago and I really like social history, so I did mine on the case of these two teenagers who wanted to commit a prime crime and how their case was justified because of their social ranking and wealth.

We can't give you a topic. Depending on what region you're focusing on for History, you'll have different things to work with. Look at the history syllabus in the Files System on the site.

The syllabus is really good for IA stuff. It outlines a lot of topics you can look into. Hopefully you'll find a few that you're interested in and start researching and BAM! You've got your topic.

I ended up doing mine on something I hadn't thought I would have done it on just because I stumbled across a fascinating book when I was researching something completely different... It showed me that there's no need to search for the perfect topic. Just starting research was the most important thing.