Final Countdown to May 2010 Results

avident

17 days? I thought it was more than that. Huh, I guess it's not.

How are you distracting yourself until the day?

I'm glad my timezone calls for 12GMT to be like 6AM for me on the day of.

I'm probably not going to gather the nerve to ask my IB Coordinator. I don't think anyone's asked him before..

Hope Econ will work out for you! Hard work should be rewarded.

I go to work, which I find to be a great distraction. I hate it at times, since I'd really like a rest after the IB, but on the whole it's a good thing because I know I'd just obsess over July 6th without it. Everyone around me is so sick of hearing me whine about the exams and all I'd like to do is talk about them! I could seriously go on and on forever.

Does anyone know how the different times work by the way? I get my results at 1315GMT but I guess that that time is not the same for everyone? What sort of times do you guys have?

And thanks, sweetnsimple! I hope hard work pays off in everything for everyone. It'd be such a blow to do badly when you've put so much effort and time into the IB. Still, many end up disappointed.

Im so scared lol

I thought 6/7/10 mean June 7th. Apparently it means July 6th. non-americans!

I want to say that I was tricked by the same thing last year, although now I can't see how that'd work because the release date was different last year.. it wasn't 6/7 last year, I don't think. Now I'm confused...

I go to work, which I find to be a great distraction. I hate it at times, since I'd really like a rest after the IB, but on the whole it's a good thing because I know I'd just obsess over July 6th without it. Everyone around me is so sick of hearing me whine about the exams and all I'd like to do is talk about them! I could seriously go on and on forever.

Does anyone know how the different times work by the way? I get my results at 1315GMT but I guess that that time is not the same for everyone? What sort of times do you guys have?

And thanks, sweetnsimple! I hope hard work pays off in everything for everyone. It'd be such a blow to do badly when you've put so much effort and time into the IB. Still, many end up disappointed.

I didn't realize how monotonous work can be. GAH

I'm trying really hard not to think about them. There's lots to do, but there are moments when when I'm like "IB!" I thought all of the results were released at 12 GMT..

I know, it's sad. It's hard to be optimistic and have low hopes as a defense mechanism :)

I just want my Bio & EE grade. The rest.. eh. I worked hard, and I care, but not nearly as much as Bio and my EE.

I think the reason they've given out different times is that they don't want the server to crash. It'd be so terrible if you'd be downloading the results page and then suddenly no connection could be made. :) At that point I'd probably throw my computer out the window.

How many of you confess to visiting and logging in to results.ibo.org?

I do.

Yeah, I just logged on five minutes ago :)

A couple of weeks ago was when I logged on the first time this year, and I promised myself I'd only log on 4 times before results were out. So I've got two left...

It wouldn't have been 6/8. It'd have to have been 6/7. 5/7 wouldn't work because I wouldn't have believed it was in May. I don't know. confusion. I'm going to forget about it. Reminds me of deja vu. Sometimes it's so clear, anyways, whatever. I think I say that too much.

Enough off-topicness.

i am a student in malaysia.well,IB is not really a famous study program in my country and i suppose there are not many people taking it.Mostly take A-Level before further to university.Well,that makes me one of a kind then.Hahaha..

But waiting for 6/7 is torturing.I wish I could speed up the time so that I can get my result ASAP.Hahaha..Cant wait to see how far I screwed up during the exam.

Well,by any chance,I hope each one of us will receive a great points.Like my lecturer always remind me: "The minimum point that we should achieve is 45."

July 6th is always the release date for exam results, every year. I'm not sure about precise times, though. Both years I was in IB my little slip with the login information told me I could check my scores at 8:45 (or so) AM, so I dutifully got up (before noon during the summer, what blasphemy), logged in to results.ibo.org, and was promptly told I'd woken up about 45 minutes early. Cue agonizing and refreshing and IMing friends who are also up waiting for their scores to be available. They do probably do that to keep from overloading the server.

Best of luck to everyone, in any case!

But waiting for 6/7 is torturing.I wish I could speed up the time so that I can get my result ASAP.Hahaha..Cant wait to see how far I screwed up during the exam.

Well,by any chance,I hope each one of us will receive a great points.Like my lecturer always remind me: "The minimum point that we should achieve is 45."

I hear ya! And wow, those are some high expectations :) Not bad, though.

July 6th is always the release date for exam results, every year. I'm not sure about precise times, though. Both years I was in IB my little slip with the login information told me I could check my scores at 8:45 (or so) AM, so I dutifully got up (before noon during the summer, what blasphemy), logged in to results.ibo.org, and was promptly told I'd woken up about 45 minutes early. Cue agonizing and refreshing and IMing friends who are also up waiting for their scores to be available. They do probably do that to keep from overloading the server.

Best of luck to everyone, in any case!

I didn't realize that.

I want to wake up late so that there's no waiting once I wake. But waiting for college decisions was way worse than this. April 1st was bad. And one of my colleges didn't send me any news til two days later when I was in physics class. Good news when you least expect it is the best!

Yeah I suppose those college acceptances take off the edge from the IB results. You were accepted unconditionally, right? I actually wouldn't mind all that much if these grades weren't so important for university... I've always wanted to move abroad and these grades are my ticket out of here and to the UK. I really hope I meet my offer.

Yeah I suppose those college acceptances take off the edge from the IB results. You were accepted unconditionally, right? I actually wouldn't mind all that much if these grades weren't so important for university... I've always wanted to move abroad and these grades are my ticket out of here and to the UK. I really hope I meet my offer.

Yeah, I'm less worried and more anxious.. I want to have done well, like everyone else.

The offer is pretty much unconditional, unless I got really bad school grades or robbed a bank or something. I don't think they'll take back the offer.

Best of luck! Stay busy

Hey everyone,

This may be a stupid question, but after we get our results how long does it usually take to get the physical diploma? Does anyone know? Also, does your school send it to you or do we get them directly from the IBO?

Thanks! Good luck everyone!