Interpreter

Dr. Polaris

I have a mild interest in being an interpreter, but I have a few questions:

1.)What do I have to study in university

2.)how many languages do I need to be able to speak

3.)Which universities are good at..languages I guess?

4.)What subjects should I take in IB

5.)How will I get into a company or firm? Where will I work?

It's not totally related to uni, but I just want to know what subject to take in Uni, and which unis are good

1) A language or two, whatever you fancy really.

2) English, if that's what you want to interpret into and another language fluently.

3) Depends, do you want to study a language in HK? China? Russia? Fiji? New Zealand? the UK? the US? Netherlands? Luxembourg? Monaco? Bahamas?

4) Again, whatever you like. IB's already covering you for languages by making you take a Group 1 and a Group 2. Do what I did, if you love languages, take a language as your group 6 option.

5) Something tells me that you're doing this on a whim, because if you really were that interested in working as an interpreter, you'd have done the research yourself instead of asking us to do your research. That said, since I'm feeling helpful, you wouldn't get paid a lot, you'd work freelance, you'd try to work for police departments/immigration authorities/the UN/ the government or maybe get a job as a teacher if all else fails. There could be other avenues of work, but you do the research. It's your career choice, not ours.