Can someone explain to me the difference between Paper1,2, and 3? for HistoryHL

A Random Person

The History Syllabus explains it much more thoroughly than I would be able to.

I wish I had looked at it before.. I was so confused the exam.

Basically it's all written responses. Shorter ones on Paper 1, longer, essay-like on Papers 2 and 3.

The content depends on what your teacher chooses.

The strategy is for the teacher to cover enough of the syllabus. You don't need to know everything under topics for Paper 2 and 3. The goal is to learn enough so that when you see the 30 and 24 questions, you can answer the 2 or 3 that you need to. There are lots of choices for what you'll answer for the last two papers. It's a lot of information, but it's nice, kind of...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mmmm at least at MY school

PAPER 1 : it's an excercise on source analysis plus a "mini-essay" all on the same topic i have prescribed topic number one that is peace-making and peace-keeping 1918-1936 and there are few topics compared to paper 2 and 3

and the prescribed topic depends on your teacher

PAPER 2 : you're given I believe 3 sections with 5 questions each, and each sections involve 1 topic for example my sections for paper 2 are (I believe, i'm not sure) Great Depression, Single Party State Leaders, and Domestic Policies in USA (Truman, Eisenhower, Johnson, etc) and you have 1 hour and 1/2 to write 2 essays, from 2 DIFFERENT TOPICS you cant choose 2 questions from the same one

PAPER 3: i havent practiced paper 3 at school yet, but my teacher told me long ago that you are asked to write 3 essays (50 min for each) and you are given many questions from 6 sections. the thing is that you are not taught every section, at least at my school we are tought only 4 and there are only 2 questions for each topic so you have to REALLY study because you have to write YES OR YES 3 essays from those topics. in this case you can choose 2 questions dealing with the same topic like 2 from Cold War for examplee

hope you find it usefull !!

Edited by veck
  • Like 1