UofT and Mcgill, two days left to make decision, please help

Memory

Hi, there, i have been accepted into McGill university electrical engineering program, UofT track one general engineering (since i do not know which one i am going with, but probably electrical as well)

Some information about me: i am asian, 4year for me in canada, living in B.C atm. Excited for university life, doesnt want it to be boring, but however want to have decent mark. i do not speak french. i like to read, play games, hang out. Sort of lazy sometimes. I also would like some privacy fro time to time. (a funny thing is i prefer white girl than asian when it comes to relationship.)

So the problems i am having are:

1: If i choose to go to UofT, what does the general engineering do? can u change program after? (my dad heard that general engineering does not count as a year in university.

2: Which one is better for electrical engineering, and what are the pros and cons for them?

It will be really helpful if you guys can help and give me advices, much appreciated.

• Like 1

At U of T, you do general eng in 1st year and then you specialize (pick mech, chem, elec etc) in 2nd year.

They both have good programs for elec eng but something to consider is that eng at U of T is much more competitive from what I've heard, my boyfriend's cousin is in his 4th year of McGill elec eng and he says it isn't too bad, the workload seems easier than what my boyfriend is doing (chem eng at Waterloo). I have a friend who just finished his 2nd year of engineering science at U of T and he basically wants to die.

• Like 1

well, Even though McGill seems to be easier than U of T, both universities are known as 'GPA killer'. (i.e hard to get good marks)

Even though living in Montreal without speaking French can be a bit of pain, it is not that of a big deal as most of people (I heard) speak English when it comes to legal registration, etc... all the things you need!

For Engineering, U of T is more well recognized than McGill. But apparently it is easier to get an internship in Europe if you are a McGill student. (not really sure about this last part. I heard it from my coordinator.)

If you got an offer from McGill, just accept it first. You can defer/decline your offer afterwards.

• Like 1