IB or not?

Split!

Well at my school, taking an IB course means you get an extra GPA point. So a B in a regular course = 3.0. B in an IB course = 4.0.

I've generally heard that a B in an IB course is similar to an A in a regular course, so getting Bs and Cs in IB [which is ~2.5] is comparable to getting all Bs in regular courses. The thing is that if you're getting multiple Cs in IB, you might as well just to regular courses, unless you really want to do IB. So I think Bs in regular courses is better than Cs in IB. But I can't say if all Bs in regular is better than Bs and Cs in IB. I guess it's up to if you want to do IB. If your school doesn't compensate for IB in GPA, then go with the thing that'll give you a higher GPA.

Well at my school, taking an IB course means you get an extra GPA point. So a B in a regular course = 3.0. B in an IB course = 4.0.

I've generally heard that a B in an IB course is similar to an A in a regular course, so getting Bs and Cs in IB [which is ~2.5] is comparable to getting all Bs in regular courses. The thing is that if you're getting multiple Cs in IB, you might as well just to regular courses, unless you really want to do IB. So I think Bs in regular courses is better than Cs in IB. But I can't say if all Bs in regular is better than Bs and Cs in IB. I guess it's up to if you want to do IB. If your school doesn't compensate for IB in GPA, then go with the thing that'll give you a higher GPA.

My school does that for class rank :ban:

• 4 weeks later...

IB really helps one get ready for university, however it all depends where you are. Some countries recognize IB more than others. For example in Canada, not so many schools recognize IB and most of my friends regret coming into IB (we still don't know why were still in it). However hearing what the past OB students who graduated told us really keeps us in-focus in staying in IB. They said that being in IB made their life in University a lot easier as they already learned most of first year stuff in high school, which is great.

In my opinion, IB has its advantages.

• 2 weeks later...

The above person is right, it depends on universities you plan on attending. If they recognize IB beneficially, IB is the way to go. But if they don't, the high GPA always looks nice. Also, IB typically allows you to earn more scholarships, but this also applies on whether the sponsors/universities recognize IB. You can always work hard in IB if you're worried about your GPA!

Conclusion: IB