chem paper 3

narathiel

Ok

so I had drugs option and analytical

Drugs option was rather easy

the drug with therapeutic window which was lowest needed medical supervision i said.

other drug stuff easy except perhaps 4 marks for how to make compound library.

but analytical was effing hard

like i had only studied it the day before but still

i said beta carotene was in visible spectrum cos of delocalized electrons

what did you say about the 4 point copper 2+ concentration qs and the qs preceding that

and what are the mobile stationary phase for the chromatography

and which to use for the urine? and how it works?

and for the bonds of N-n and H0-H what did you say?

and what to draw for the graph- I drew the peaks in same ratio to another but closer to y axis. peaks with same size and area underneath them

NO GRAPH TO ANALYSE....

Ok

so I had drugs option and analytical

Drugs option was rather easy

the drug with therapeutic window which was lowest needed medical supervision i said.

other drug stuff easy except perhaps 4 marks for how to make compound library.

but analytical was effing hard

like i had only studied it the day before but still

i said beta carotene was in visible spectrum cos of delocalized electrons

what did you say about the 4 point copper 2+ concentration qs and the qs preceding that

and what are the mobile stationary phase for the chromatography

and which to use for the urine? and how it works?

and for the bonds of N-n and H0-H what did you say?

and what to draw for the graph- I drew the peaks in same ratio to another but closer to y axis. peaks with same size and area underneath them

NO GRAPH TO ANALYSE....

Beta carotene absorbs visible light because of the long chain of conjugates.

copper concentration can be analysed by using absorbance-concentration curve or beer-lambert's law.

Silica Gel/ long chain alkane

GLC (and possibly mass spec.)

N2 is non polar and dipole moment does not change, H2O does bending and asymmetrical bending.

and you are correct about the last one.

Yeah, I had the same test and options as you had. Can someone explain the analytical graph question for me? What does "less tightly packed" mean? I interpreted as less pressure, which would mean that they should have longer retention times...

I wrote that H2O does asymmetricxal bending and symmetrical bending, is that correct? If it isn't, I won't forgive myself, unless I get my desired 7.

Yeah, I had the same test and options as you had. Can someone explain the analytical graph question for me? What does "less tightly packed" mean? I interpreted as less pressure, which would mean that they should have longer retention times...

I wrote that H2O does asymmetricxal bending and symmetrical bending, is that correct? If it isn't, I won't forgive myself, unless I get my desired 7.

well, 'less tightly packed' meant that there are less space that your alcohols are absorbed by, and hence it has to be closer to y axis (i.e shorter retention times)

and H2O is correct.

well, 'less tightly packed' meant that there are less space that your alcohols are absorbed by, and hence it has to be closer to y axis (i.e shorter retention times)

and H2O is correct.

Nice, I changed the H20 question in the last minute, so if I got it wrong I would not have been happy! But I think I have a 7 on P3, at least.