English A2 written task

I am writing a written task on To Kill a Mockingbird, a letter from Scout to Dill. My teacher finds it a bit unrealistic that Scout, a six year old, would be able to write a letter to her friend, so she wants me to modify it into a monologue. I, however, find it quite fitting because Scout is in my opinion not a very realistic girl of six. In the way she thinks and speaks, she could have been a lot older.

So if you have read the book, what do you think I should do - modify it or keep it? :S

you should keep in mind that the book is narrated by two versions of Scout: the adult version, and the young one. That's why, sometimes during the course of the novel, we might find some phrases that do not fit with the mentality of a six-year-old girl.

anyway, you can make you written task as a letter written at the end of the novel, meaning when Scout is 9 years old, when she acquired much more knowledge about the world and people.

but it really depends on the content of the letter, what are you planning to write on the letter?

don't make her words so sophisticated, this will make it unrealistic.

Eee, I just re-read this book to keep myself sane during IB exams month. :) I think Scout could realistically write a letter to Dill, but remember that in her dialogue as a young girl, she has a lot of Southern vernacular going on. I'm unsure of how this would manifest in her writing at any age. Also, point out to your teacher that Scout had a conflict with her teacher when she entered school about the fact that she could already read and write. So she should be able to write letters to Dill at age six. Besides, as x__x pointed out, the novel chronicles several years, so you could really have the letter be written at any age between six and nine.