London School of Economics and Political Science

stylusdef

Does anybody know what this school looks for in your IB Diploma? A friend of mine told me you have to do Math HL in order to be able to apply to LSE; is that true? Is it possible to apply with like, Math Studies, or is the minimum Math SL? I can't really find any answers to these questions at their website, so...

Does anybody know what this school looks for in your IB Diploma? A friend of mine told me you have to do Math HL in order to be able to apply to LSE; is that true? Is it possible to apply with like, Math Studies, or is the minimum Math SL? I can't really find any answers to these questions at their website, so...

I think it depends on the course but do contact the uni to be on the safe side. I looked and the course requirements varies between 36-38 and there were some that stated a 7 in mathematics and mathematics A level and most uni say that a-level is HL and as-level is SL but check to be on the safe side.

Edited by Afterglow

Guest forsakendarkness

It depends on the subject that you apply to study at LSE. If its economics, management sciences or something mathematical you will definitely need at least a 6 in HL Math and in many cases a 7. However if you apply for management, law, or history then you only need a 6 or 7 at Maths studies (equivalent to A in GCSE Maths) at the least but you should try to get a 6 or 7 in math SL (equivalent to A in AS Maths). It should be noted though that even when they ask for 37-38 points, really there are thousands of applicants applying that you will need substantially above that to have a reasonable chance of being accepted.

Hope that helps clear things up.