#2 How important are the opinions of experts in the search of knowledge?

Hmm, I'm only seeing a faint link to my problem from your answer :)

The thing is I have a lot of arguments, (true some I have done research on :P but others come from my little brain !)

would you have a suggestion as to how I should make my selection ?

Otherwise there's gonna be an overflow of arguments (for and against) and the whole piece'll be super shallow and it's sad because I could really write 3 pages on each argument :P

But thank you for the answer ! It somehow made me think a bit further, maybe I should only select those arguments I can detail on, or the personal ones ?

• 2 weeks later...

oh ok, sorry for that.. i didnt think of that.. so thanks too.

ok so... basically I'd think that, for this question, I have to confirm that, in fact, it is true that the opinions of experts are important in the search for knowledge. Also, that their opinions are important because, in any search for knowldge, everybody will go consult or ask anything to the expert as a principal source, just because of the fact that he/she is an expert, therefore, this expert represents an authority too and thats why we usually trust about what they say, but I think that, as we use this information given for the expert, we should not be fully confident that it is the absolute truth because, we all know that, it's imposible to reach the absolute truth basically because man just doesn't stop discovering new thing and acquiring more techonological knowledge. So, we must use experts' opinions, but always thinking with our own criteria.

ok thats basically what i've had think of, so if anybaody could help me on how to develop it more, it would be great and also what areas of knowledge should I include and how...

Thanks ib bros!!keep it real

You should "assume" or "confirm" anything. I dont know about you, but my TOK teacher always says that we should be very open for different types of beliefs and point of views and that we should not state anything. Thought I'd just give you a notice :P

Can I treat this topic with knowledge issue that experts opinion are really important (new thesis are based on them, whether old one was true or wrong, it can be either corrected of further developed) but it is important not to take their words as always true. To approach them with some doubt. With examples like from history (most historians seen some event in one particular way till couple years ago someone showed new way of thinking about some event. It shows that opinions are important as new idea was based on old ones, but also none of them may be considered fully true as history is open for new interpretations of many events.

Is this approach to the topic right?