Philosophy May 2010

Tilia

I think I really screwed up on paper 1. I really think I approached it wrong. Paper 2 however really went well and was much easier than paper 1.

Well, the two things I really studied for the core topic was Existentialism and the whole Dualism (mind/body) thing. Existentialism could have been linked with either the quote or the picture, I chose the quote and talked about Sartre. I chose the ethics option about looking at the person and not the action, talked about virtue ethics/utilitarianism/Kant. No idea how well I did on either question though..

Paper 2 was a lot better. Our class did Nietzsche (I STILL can't spell his last name), and when we saw the questions we started laughing because ressentiment and the ascetic ideal were the two things most people had studied. :)

Paper 2 was a lot better. Our class did Nietzsche (I STILL can't spell his last name), and when we saw the questions we started laughing because ressentiment and the ascetic ideal were the two things most people had studied. :)

I used existentialism as well, you can always fit it in somwhere. I liked the A secotion on paper one, but the option questions were harder.

Yes, Paper 2 was sooo much easier. We did Mill and got questions about freedom och speech, which is the easiest and most clear part in the whole book. And by the way, you spelled Nietzsche correctly.

None of you are HLs?

Well, our school doesn't offer HL, and even if if it did, I wouldn't give up my HL Bio/Chem for it =/

That was honestly my ... maybe third time writing a paper, our teacher didn't give us a lot at all :(

No, it's not a very common subject. Our teacher is really good, although a bit weird. We've got all the papers there are for the new syllabus, so I guess I was as prepared as I could have been :(

Edited by Tilia