May 10 Geography Paper 2

tdubthebassist

Overall, easy paper it was.

I did settlements and globalization.

Settlements structured question was completely theoretical. The resources given was perfectly following Hoyt's Model, and it was easy to describe with diagram.

for essay I wrote about 3~4 pages about how Seoul can be explained/cannot be explained with Hoyt's Model and the reason for that growth. so I think generally 3~4 deducted?

Globalization, I did essay. Which was fine. It was not bad AT ALL. How TNC, trading blocs can explain things and what not... I think I did fine there. 2~3 points deducted if I am unlucky.

Overall, much better than my paper 1. I think because of this paper I will get my 6.

My only concern is I cannot remember if I put what question I was doing in front of my essay on globalization. But they will find out. I mean I wrote what I did on my cover page and there is a page gap between globalization and settlements :)

Agree! Paper 2 is kinda easy.

I did Lithosphere Hazard and Climate.

I wrote both essay questions because I found them totally the same.

They were both talking about the difference of impacts of natural disaster, so I just went straight ahead to the essay questions.

I wanna do the structural question on ozone one, but I didn't know the local/ national scale of response, only know Montreal Protocol. Kinda sad because I knew how to answer all questions in the structural questions apart from that.

I also wrote 2 essays on climate and litospheric hazards! I didn;t revise anything of ozone so I skipped that and went back to essay. On globalization I took structured questions because they were amazingly easy, the graphs were showing the impact of WTH attacks and 2004 tsunami, it was too obvious to be true o_o however the (b) in topographing mapping was a bit difficult for me, I wasn't sure how to divide that map into regions.. anyone shares the same thoughts?

I also wrote 2 essays on climate and litospheric hazards! I didn;t revise anything of ozone so I skipped that and went back to essay. On globalization I took structured questions because they were amazingly easy, the graphs were showing the impact of WTH attacks and 2004 tsunami, it was too obvious to be true o_o however the (b) in topographing mapping was a bit difficult for me, I wasn't sure how to divide that map into regions.. anyone shares the same thoughts?

oh well, I did not have any case study for (d) though. and Globalization essay was prefect for me. I had more than 5 examples

I did 4 options because I do Higher

Drainage basins and their management - Structured question was really nice... :)

Lithospheric Processes and their management - Structured question all the way :S:)

Settlements - I did the essay question because the land use structured question was a bummer :S

Topographic Mapping - the question about physical regions being distinguished was a mean question especially since I always run out of time... I had 3 minutes in which to do that part.

But the paper was pretty nice =)