Psychology HL Paper 1

hanniexx

It was awesome - really loved it and apparently this year was supposed to be the hardest according to our teachers. It was such a great paper!!!

for the sections I wrote

section A:

Biological talked about:

aggression- linked into how the biological perspective says that it is genetic and linked this in with a few studies- saying that there is empirical evidence to back it up and then said a problem is that it disregards the environment and gave an example

Cognitive talked about:

cognitive dissonance and backed it up with a study

learning talked about

scientific study of hypothesis and then looked at studies and basically evaluated the contribution

humanistic talked about:

Truax analysis on rogerian therapy sessions

Section B- Question 5 =]

Seriously?! Hard? Where did you hear that?

Maybe they thought that having the questions so general would make it hard...? Possibly...? :bawling:

Ooo interesting. I did quite different:

1. I can't actually remember what I put. I think it was neurotransmitters, and I said that it was reductionist but was useful as it helped to provide treatments.

2. schemas and memory distortions and good old Bartlett.

3. pavlov's dogs in response to reflex responses studies.

4. roger's interviewing of PTSD soldiers as well!

And number 5 for the essay too! Looked at autopsies and computerized imaging :P

Seriously?! Hard? Where did you hear that?

Maybe they thought that having the questions so general would make it hard...? Possibly...? :bawling:

Ooo interesting. I did quite different:

1. I can't actually remember what I put. I think it was neurotransmitters, and I said that it was reductionist but was useful as it helped to provide treatments.

2. schemas and memory distortions and good old Bartlett.

3. pavlov's dogs in response to reflex responses studies.

4. roger's interviewing of PTSD soldiers as well!

And number 5 for the essay too! Looked at autopsies and computerized imaging :P

well according to our psych teacher when she went on this IB training course they said it would be harder then previous years which looking back to the paper I think was just to scare us to revise tbh =/

I almost did schema and memory but changed it at the last minute and did cognitive dissonance as I know more about it gotta love rogers always a way to bring him into humanistic...took and hour and 20 minutes to answer the first 4...wrote 14 pages...hand actually killed after that exam lol

also that 8 mark cognitive one came up 3 years in a row (2008,2009, and 2010) just worded slightly differently but essentially the same question...couldn't believe it when seeing it!

Edited by Articflames

Yeah definitely bLub and Articflames! After looking at the most recent past papers, I was convinced our paper would be more specific and tricky. I really do think that they were maybe scaring us into revising.

What I don't get is why the grade boundaries are so low - a 7 is ~70%.

...or is that more to do with paper 2/3?

(2 hours until we can discuss them too [/i should not be so oddly excited to discuss them])

Good old Rogers :bawling:

Edited by hanniexx

It was awesome - really loved it and apparently this year was supposed to be the hardest according to our teachers. It was such a great paper!!!

for the sections I wrote

section A:

Biological talked about:

aggression- linked into how the biological perspective says that it is genetic and linked this in with a few studies- saying that there is empirical evidence to back it up and then said a problem is that it disregards the environment and gave an example

Cognitive talked about:

learning talked about

scientific study of hypothesis and then looked at studies and basically evaluated the contribution

humanistic talked about:

Section B- Question 5 =]

Darn, I should have used cognitive dissonance. I really wanted to use that one, but I didn't want to risk it since I didn't remember if it was listed as a key concept, so I ended up using memory.

for the sections I wrote

section A:

Biological talked about:

Cognitive talked about:

learning talked about

humanistic talked about:

Section B- Question 5 =]

Darn, I should have used cognitive dissonance. I really wanted to use that one, but I didn't want to risk it since I didn't remember if it was listed as a key concept, so I ended up using memory.

yeah our teacher basically drilled into our heads if anything on human behavior in cognitive comes up write cognitive dissonance lol such a great thing to write about as well...

an hour until we can talk about paper 2 and 3 =]