May 10 Geography Paper 1

tdubthebassist

OK I will begin.

I did question 2 and 3.

2. it was easy. I actually had Korea as my core-periphery model. So 8 point questions with map was quite alright. (d) was also fine, except I was running out of time and could not pull up enough arguments/examples to get the full marks. I expect I will get about 3~5 points deducted there.

3. Questionable. I am sure that I did not answer (d) very well. I was supposed to go for Malthus and Boserup but I didn't (I was more into general discussion). plus I was confused with the name of those two when I first mentioned so I will get deducted my point. example was not too specific. So, probably 5~6/10 (or even less) on that last question. apart from that. It was fine (unless some bullock examiner decided to become a ****). Aid example was specific enough (I think) to get a full mark. so overall, probably 7~9 points were deducted.

so my guess is 36/50 in the worst... which is still 7 but I don't think I will get that much... if it is near 33/50, I am happy.

The paper was not bad in my opinion. do-able :)

I did question 1 and 3

in question 1 i was kind of mess it up a bit in the essay, expected 4-5/10 :(....my friends said that it's better to draw the DTM if we want to get higher mark but i didn't =.=

I agree about question 3. I did link it to althus and Boserup (phew...) but i guess mu case studies were good enough so again 4-5 marks are expected to be deduced.

I wouldn't want to say anything about the overall mark now as I want to wait until the "Judgement Day" :)

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY :)

The paper was not bad in my opinion. do-able :)

I did question 1 and 3

in question 1 i was kind of mess it up a bit in the essay, expected 4-5/10 :)....my friends said that it's better to draw the DTM if we want to get higher mark but i didn't =.=

I agree about question 3. I did link it to althus and Boserup (phew...) but i guess mu case studies were good enough so again 4-5 marks are expected to be deduced.

I wouldn't want to say anything about the overall mark now as I want to wait until the "Judgement Day" :)

GOOD LUCK ANYWAY :)

yeah, I mean social sciences and language is very hard to tell what you got. It might depends on who is going to grade your paper.

well, in essay, if you did alright with structuring and what not, you will get markband E-ish which is 7~8 points. My question 3 was really good apart from that last freaking question :(.

I also did question 1 and 3.

I think everyone in my class who answered question 3 did mention malthus and boserup.

I For question 1, I don't think drawing a DTM helps a lot because you can always find exceptions in the model.

I did questions 1 and 3 they were pretty nice questions.

For question 1 it did help to draw the dtm as long as you discussed the problems and since it was a discuss question it made life easy... But then I write very fast so maybe if you didnt write soo much it might be difficult to pick the marks up.

For question 3 I mentioned Mathusian and Boserups theory but was running out of time otherwise I would have written more.

Overall it was a pretty nice paper though!!