will I pass the IB?

Guest lillyrhodes

Guest lillyrhodes

Hey everyone,

So, I have a 2 in a HL course and I apperantly need 28 points to get my diploma. Does anyone know whether the bonus points count for that, or do I need to collect 28 points just with my 6 IB courses?

Thanks

Well.. you need to have a 12 overall in your 3 HLs.. or 16 if you are taking 4 HLs..

I think that you only need 28 points to get the diploma if your EE or TOK is an E or both are Ds.

I'm not sure about having a 2 in one of the HLs, I would think that overall has to add up, but I would be curious to know the answer to this question myself.

Guest lillyrhodes

my HLs add up to 14, so I think I'm ok there. But having a 2 in a HL course is a failing condition and you can only have one, if your total points reach or exceed 28, do you think they include bonus points to that?

I can confirm, based on the IB Vade Mecum of 2008 (i.e. not this years) that 24 is the minimum, given at least 12 in the HLs, and if you get 28 or more you only need(ed) 11.

BUT most importantly if you have a 2 in HL you do need 28 points, including bonus points.

Again, this is based on the 2008 ib vade mecum, but I would imagine it hasn't changed much.

How do you know you already have a 2?

But for failing, if you get a C or above in EE and Tok, passing is 21. It's changed for this year (May 2010) because:

If you get lower, passing is 28.

28 and 21 are the totals, inclusion of everything.

[Do let me know if I'm wrong though]

Edited by hanniexx