Group 4 project for Biology and Chemistry

Guest ipsa.scientia.potestas.est

Hi, so I have a group 4 lab-write up due Friday for Biology, and one due soon (whenever my teacher considers soon) in Chemistry. I was wondering...how exactly is the Biology one constructed? Because our teacher hasn't mentioned it, other than giving us colors having to do with bacteria results and birds; and everyone I know is confused. Is this mainly based on research done on your own? Also, is it constructed like a normal long lab write up? And, (last question I promise) how long should I expect this to take? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi, so I have a group 4 lab-write up due Friday for Biology, and one due soon (whenever my teacher considers soon) in Chemistry. I was wondering...how exactly is the Biology one constructed? Because our teacher hasn't mentioned it, other than giving us colors having to do with bacteria results and birds; and everyone I know is confused. Is this mainly based on research done on your own? Also, is it constructed like a normal long lab write up? And, (last question I promise) how long should I expect this to take? Thanks in advance for any help.

Basically, a Group 4 Project in any science is a normal lab report, like any other one you do in school. However, there may be some differences (like the hypothesis might be a bit longer as your background information may be somehow deeper -> research a bit over the internet about your topic). Also, the results may be also longer since it's a project. This varies and somehow depends on your topic. Advice: do background research before you start with the experiment (in case you haven't done already) and plan the report beforehand (at least Planning (a) of the lab report). This case, you'll have more time to focus on the results and their interpretations. How long should it take? Depends on your results, your work and how much time you take to finish it! :worship:

Hope this has helped. Have a nice day. :)

Basically, a Group 4 Project in any science is a normal lab report, like any other one you do in school. However, there may be some differences (like the hypothesis might be a bit longer as your background information may be somehow deeper -> research a bit over the internet about your topic). Also, the results may be also longer since it's a project. This varies and somehow depends on your topic. Advice: do background research before you start with the experiment (in case you haven't done already) and plan the report beforehand (at least Planning (a) of the lab report). This case, you'll have more time to focus on the results and their interpretations. How long should it take? Depends on your results, your work and how much time you take to finish it! :worship:

Hope this has helped. Have a nice day. :)

Hi! Thanks for the information, but considering our teacher chose our group 4 project for us and didn't let us know until 4 days ahead of time, I couldn't do research before it started. Also, we don't do Planning A and such for some reason. She said this had started this year. I don't know if the fact that I'm in HL and that we have a new rubric makes a difference? To make it even worse, she didn't explain the results, because she took our class data and compiled it on a chart she wrote on the board. But the chart didn't have labels or anything. So I'm extremely confused and she refuses to help, and no one seems to know what they are doing. Any advice?