Help Meeee

Guest smallishelfone

Guest smallishelfone

Can someone please direct me to a working example of a Math IA? I found one but the permissions won't let me download anything. What I do?????? <_<

(Wow, that's a really awkward smiley. Sorry for the lolcat speak, I'M DESPERATE)

Alright so I read the FAQ and found out why I can't download anything.

How in the WORLD do I prove myself a contributing member to the IB society before tonight so I may access your lovely examples as my Math IA rough draft is due tomorrow.

Guest smallishelfone
i dont think that is possible tonight...

however if you post here what is you IA question perhaps we can provide help through discussing your questions <_<

one question though... why did u wait till now...

I am an incredibly lazy slacker, it would seem.

Well, that and I just read the FAQ, as I just discovered this website like, last week.

So, I know that I need a statement of task, my data all arranged and pretty, and some type of conclusion. I also, however, know that there are specific ways to arrange said parts that I've looked for and my only way of acquiring said formats is on here and in class, and as I am not at school today because I had to stay the night at my sister's to use her computer because mine died a tragic death and the loaner I got won't recognize my internet, my only option is here.

Woo!

Also, it's only like 10 AM in the part of America where I am, so I have the whole day, really.

Edited by smallishelfone

I am an incredibly lazy slacker, it would seem.

Well, that and I just read the FAQ, as I just discovered this website like, last week.

So, I know that I need a statement of task, my data all arranged and pretty, and some type of conclusion. I also, however, know that there are specific ways to arrange said parts that I've looked for and my only way of acquiring said formats is on here and in class, and as I am not at school today because I had to stay the night at my sister's to use her computer because mine died a tragic death and the loaner I got won't recognize my internet, my only option is here.

Woo!

Also, it's only like 10 AM in the part of America where I am, so I have the whole day, really.

gr8! so what math are yoiu and what is your portfolio about (if by IA you mean a portfolio), and which questions u actually have trouble sorting out... if there's anything i can do to help then i'll gladly do so <_<

Guest smallishelfone
gr8! so what math are yoiu and what is your portfolio about (if by IA you mean a portfolio), and which questions u actually have trouble sorting out... if there's anything i can do to help then i'll gladly do so :worship:

Welllll, I just basically need a format to put my stuff in. I know I need a statement of task. I'm writing that now but I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like definitively. I also need to know how to arrange my data in a way that will earn me good marks, same with a conclusion.

And no, I'm not sure if Portfolio=Internal Assessment. We may need to look into that.

well,

from what u have said i doubt that we're talking about portfolio since in portfolio its only questions and you have to explain how you will get the answer, get the answer, discuss the result in a question by question basis... so... i dnt think i can be off any help... sry... i didnt do any other type of math IAs except portfolios...

Guest smallishelfone

Lovely. Well, thanks for trying.

Anyone else?

Could Deus maybe make me a VIP? Or does anyone have a decent link? I could really use some help.

Edited by smallishelfone

Are you in Studies, SL or HL?

Portfolio is for SL and HL students while Studies do 'projects'. And both of these are internal assessments.

As for structure, it is to generally stick to a format that you usually use when writing lab reports, essay or such but apply it to maths. I for instance had:

- Cover sheet

- table of contents

- introduction

- methods - described my workings and how I did it. I used four methods to get an answer (compared in analysis) and thus put sub sections for each of them

- analysis of data

- summary - includes conclusions, results and such

- bibliography

Remember to label all diagrams, graphs tables and pictures!!!!!

• Like 4

Guest smallishelfone

Thank you sooooooo much.

Yes, I am in SL Math Studies, and that format helps a lot. What marks did you get? If you don't mind me asking.

Edited by smallishelfone

Ah, I am in SL so I am not sure how it will look exactly for projects but knowing my friends projects, I think it could work as well. I mean, then it would only be more specific with an aim, methods, results, analysis and such. The difference between Studies SL IA and the SL/HL IA is that studies do their own 'investigation' (right?) while we in SL/HL get one paper with a math investigation that we need to follow.

As for marks, I unfortunately do not know. Our teachers refuse to tell us what he marks because of moderation so not until I get my results will I know for sure. The only thing that I did manage to find out was that I got a fullmark on the technology part of portfolio type II :/

Edited by Afterglow