English A2 Written tasks - poetic communcation

Hi guys, as I understand most of the students write an extra chapter/scene/pastiche or a diary entry as their poetic communication written task, however I saw a poem which was based on gatsby and got a 7, soi looked it up and 'discovered' that there are acutally many different kinds of texts one can write.

Has anyone done a cartoon, parody or song lyric(not srue what that means actually) on a book? or travel writing?

I wrote my first written task on death of a salesman, did a poem but my teacher wasn't sure if it was a good idea.. :P but at the same time we're the first ones to do IB so she has no experience..

hm so any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I have written my literary option as a song lyric based on the novel Of mice and men, by john steinbeck. I did an adaptation with the song Hurricane by bob dylan but after writing an 800 words song my teacher and ib coordinator decided not to accept it because usually cartoons, songs and etc dont show as much comprehension of the text. I had to change mine into an eulogy, so i would not recommend anyone to risk this unless it is a really good and well composed text. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Eastcoast93' timestamp='1321545828' post='139914']
i am thinking about writing a parody on macbeth by shakespare. is that a good idea :P?
[/quote]
Just like IB Br wrote, I think that a written task based on a literary option should show comprehension of the text. So if you think your parody shows it, go for it :D! Otherwise, you can still do a parody based on your cultural option. =)