Georaphy or ITGS for journalism?

MaryamB

Hello everyone,

I am gonna be an IB student next year and I am gonna have to choose my IB subjects very soon :/

In the near future I am intending in going into journalism, media, masscommunication and all that related stuff. The subjects I am planning on choosing so far are:

-Business Studies

-Biology

-English A1

-Arabic A2

-Maths SL

- ??????

The problem is I am confused for my sixth option in wether to take ITGS or geography??? I am during my IGCSE'S right now so I have some pretty good computer experience which will come in handy in journalism. However, I asked many of my teachers' opinions and all of them suggested Geography as it will give me the skills required in reporting and stuff, and it will also give me an Idea on the world and stuff. I am still utterly confused, can someone please help?

I strongly suggest Geography since people will at least know what it is. Can you not do History instead because I could advise that. Geography is an interesting subject but beware the course work can be so dull to the point of suicide. Just out of curiosity, why don't you do Arabic A1 and English A2 (NB i'm assuming you're of arabic origin.)

I had to ask a friend of mine who did ITGS,

She suggested you take History if you have that option at your school. She describes ITGS as a subject which consisted of things such as networks and databases.

She also finds both Geography and ITGS important in your case, but most of all History.

I would go along with her suggestion as well, Geography and ITGS are tie. I can be biased and suggest you take ITGS as it might suggest you understand computers and technology.

What you could also do in this case is take a look at a couple of Universities you could apply to in the future, and see what IB subjects they expect of you.